Sebastian Delpiano Partner
Sebastián has a great deal of experience advising clients on corporate and financial matters, M&A and especially capital markets and managing financial assets and instruments. He has provided ongoing counsel to a significant group of securities brokers and fund managers in Chile and abroad.
He previously worked as a senior associate at Aninat Schwencke y Cía. (2012- 2014) and, before that, at Guerrero Olivos (2009-2012).
Between 2004 and 2009, he worked as an attorney and then Chief Counsel at Banchile Corredores de Bolsa S.A. and Banchile Administradora General de Fondos S.A.
He is a member of the Legal Committee of the Chilean Investment Fund Management Association and is a member of the Legal Committee of the Chilean Fintech Association.
Attorney, Universidad de los Andes (2004).
Master’s degree in Tax Management and Consultancy, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez (2008).
Accredited by the Committee for Accreditation of Securities Market Knowledge (CAMV Chile).
- Chambers and Partners. Capital Markets (2018-2019). “Sebastián Delpiano has an in-depth knowledge and experience in legal matters regarding capital markets and especially regarding stockbrokers and their day-to-day operations. He is highlighted for his regulatory expertise and for his strong presence in this field".
- The Legal 500. Outstanding in: Banking and Finance, Corporate and M&A (Including Compliance), Real State (2018). "Sebastián Delpiano is widely respected". "Asset financing expert Sebastián Delpiano is highly regarded".
- LACCA. Capital Markets in Chile (2019). Approved Capital Markets private practitioners in Chile. Sebastián Delpiano: Thought Leader.
- Best Lawyers. Banking and Finance Law, Capital Markets Law, Venture Capital Law (2020).
- IFLR 1000. Capital Markets, Banking and Finance (2020).
- Chambers and Partners. Capital Markets (2020-2021).
- The Legal 500. Capital Markets (2020).