Rebeca has an extensive experience in advising legal entities in the design and implementation of effective compliance programs, prepared on the basis of the activities the Companies carried out, including the detection, treatment and mitigation of crime risk (especially those that could result in the emergence of Corporate Criminal Responsibility, in accordance with Law 20,393), corruption, financial and antitrust crimes, tax crimes, breaches of consumer matters, data protection, information security, and breaches in labor matters.
Rebeca has also advised on Due Diligence processes for the evaluation of the compliance and anti-corruption systems of different companies, reviewing their activities, programs, policies and controls, in order to detect and mitigate the risks of legal transmission of corporate criminal liability. In matters of litigation, she has concentrated her practice on complex criminal litigation, punitive procedures and defense.
In December 2019 Rebeca was appointed director of Regulatory Compliance at Honorato | Delaveau. In December 2021 she became Partner of HD Compliance, a subsidiary consulting firm of Honorato | Delaveau . In addition, as of April 2022 she became Partner in the Compliance programs certification firm, in charge of the certification processes. Between 2015 and 2019 she served as Head of Compliance and Criminal Law Area at Morales & Besa Law Firm, where she also fulfilled functions as Crime Prevention Officer for different companies, acting with full independence and reporting directly to the Board of Directors. Previously she worked as an associate in the Criminal Department at Claro & Cía (2012-2015).
Rebeca is a Professor of Criminal Law at Central University and Gabriela Mistral University, and in the Gender Perspective Diploma for change in organizations at the Faculty of Economics and Business of the University of Chile.
She is a member of the Chilean Bar Association A.G. since 2013; and Women In Compliance Chile, since 2018. She’s Executive Secretary of the World Compliance Association, Chilean Chapter, since 2020 and member of Transparent Chile since 2021.
- Lawyer, University of Chile (2011).
- Diploma in Tax Analysis and Planning, P. Universidad Católica de Chile (2015).
- Diploma in Compliance and Good Practices, Universidad Católica de Chile (2018).
- Diploma “Human Rights, Sexual Diversity and Public Policies”, F. Henry Dunant (2018).
- Course on Unfair Administration and public corruption, Universidad de Chile (2019).
- Cybersecurity Course, University of Chile (2020).
- Cryptocurrencies (2021).
- Compliance Management Systems. Requirements and interpretation ISO 37301:2021, International Dynamic Advisors (Intedya).
- Master of Criminal Policy at the University of Salamanca (c) (2020-2022).
- Leading Lawyers, Compliance, 2019.
- Leaders League, Compliance, 2021.
- Rising Star, Legal 500, 2021
ARTICLES AND PUBLICATIONS
- Chilean Labor Magazine
- "Models for the Prevention of Crimes and Fundamental Rights of Workers: Some guidelines for internal investigations" (2018)
- "Some challenges in terms of Compliance for the prevention of sexual harassment and gender perspective" (2019)
- Doctrine and Criminal Jurisprudence. Exercise of strength and self-protection. University of the Andes. Year 9, No. 41-2020.
- Comment to the SCA of Valparaíso of August 29, 2019 (Role No 606-19).
Columns related to Compliance Permanent columnist in Estado Diario. See: http://estadodiario.com/author/rebeca-zamora/